About This Episode:
Anxiety and loneliness are at an all-time high in our society, each correlated with increased cell phone use and decreased face-to-face contact. While this truth affects all of us, perhaps no group is more strongly affected than teens. In this episode you’ll learn how teaching connection and self compassion skills is having a massive impact on teen (and adult) happiness levels.
What You'll Learn:
After listening you'll know:
- How simplifying your space can improve mental well-being
- How the simple exercise of placing your hand over your heart can reduce anxiety and increase self compassion
- Why 32% of teens deal with high stress levels
- Gain helpful tips for your teen and cell phone usage
- Why it’s important for kids to be bored sometimes
- How and why it’s important for the vagus nerve to be stimulated
- And much more!
Links From This Episode:
- Vibrant Happy Women Club
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- Mindful Self Compassion by Kristin Neff
- Organize 365 Podcast
- The Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Making Friends with Yourself for Teens
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- OSEA Malibu
- 121: Mindful Self Compassion (with Kristin Neff)
- 164: Dance Like Nobody’s Watching (with Gina Villares & Mercedes Zetino)
- 172: Healing Through Self Compassion (with Amy Ericson)
Vibrant Happy Women listeners get 10% off the first month with discount code HAPPY!
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
How to Leave a Review:
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!