Zoom Meeting Client is our main forum for small groups, Q&A's and other live events. While we love Zoom and feel it is very reliable, sometimes things go wrong. On rare occasions the problem will be on our end (at Jen Riday LLC), but most often when issues pop up they are out of our control and we don't have any Zoom or computer techs on staff. Below we've listed some troubleshooting tips that we hope will help if you have trouble getting into a meeting or have issues while inside.
I Can't Join My Meeting…
If you're unable to join a meeting, check these items:
- If you're on a desktop or mobile device, be sure you've installed the Zoom Client for Meetings (this usually happens automatically on a desktop computer the first time you use a Zoom link to join a meeting), and that it's up to date; see What version of Zoom am I running?
- If you are a host, login to your Zoom account and choose the My Profile tab on the left. In the center of your screen you will find your personal meeting ID number. Enter this number manually to join your meeting: first choose Join a Meeting on the upper right of your screen, then add the meeting ID to the field provided.
- If you've received any of these messages:
- “You are on hold” – The host has enabled a waiting room; you'll remain on hold until the host admits you into the meeting room.
- “Please wait for the host to start this meeting” – The Join before host feature is not enabled, and the host has not yet joined the meeting. Hosts automatically receive an email telling them someone is waiting to join their meeting. You will be prompted to join the meeting a short time after the host joins.
- “Room connector is not enabled for this meeting” – If you are using videoconferencing equipment to join a meeting hosted by a free Zoom account or an account that doesn't have the room connector enabled, you will receive this error. Connect to the meeting using a desktop or mobile device instead.
I've joined a meeting, but no one else is here…
If you've joined a meeting but don't see other participants:
- Confirm with the meeting host that the meeting has begun (feel free to post in your small group's private Facebook group or send a message through FB Messenger to your group leader). If the meeting has begun, ask for the meeting ID at the top of the host's Zoom window (e.g., Zoom Meeting ID: 123-456-7890) and compare that to the meeting ID at the top of yours. If they don't match, you've joined a different meeting. Ask the host for the meeting ID, and join the correct meeting.
- If you're the host, ensure that you haven't enabled a waiting room. If you have, you need to manually admit each participant before they can join your meeting.
- If it says your host hasn't joined the meeting yet and it's at the scheduled time. Close your browser and try joining via the link again.
I can't hear or talk to people…
If you're unable to hear or talk to people in a meeting:
- Check the attendee controls at the bottom of your meeting window. If you see the Join Audio icon on the far left, click it. (If you've already joined your audio, you'll instead see the mute/unmute icon .)
- To check whether the issue is related to the Zoom program, see:
- Other issues? See Troubleshoot audio and video issues on your computer or mobile device.
People can't see me…
If you've joined a meeting successfully but others can't see you:
- Make sure your video isn't turned off by checking the Start Video icon in the attendee controls at the bottom of your meeting window.
- If your video isn't working outside of the meeting, try troubleshooting the device itself. For instructions, see Troubleshoot audio and video issues on your computer or mobile device.
If you still have Issues
Please try the options above before contacting Jen Riday Customer Support, as we won't necessarily have staff on hand at the time of the issue. But if you need further assistance, please email us at email@example.com and we'll look into it, usually by the next business day. In the event that we can't help you, or if you'd prefer to work with Zoom directly at any time, you can contact Zoom Customer Service at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us.