150: Less Perfection, More Authenticity (with Sara-Jean Gilbert)
About This Episode:
Sometimes we tend to approach life as if we’re on a stage, performing in ways that bring validation and approval. But what happens when we figure out how to ditch that performance and instead live completely authentically? In this episode you’ll learn exactly how it’s done and how much happiness will come when you do.
What You'll Learn:
After listening you'll know:
- The relationship between perfectionism, depression and anxiety.
- How to believe in your partner’s declarations of love (instead of staying stuck in “not good enough”).
- The secret for stopping the downward spiral when life seems hard.
- How to pay attention to your life and to yourself instead of running non-stop on the treadmill of life.
- Making a personal vow to stop performing for others and instead be REAL.
- And much more.
Links From This Episode:
- Heal Your Heart
- String Cheese Incident
- Red Rocks Ampitheatre Morrison, CO
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- 13: How to Live a Slower, More Authentic Life (with Kris Vaughan)
- 46: Lace Up Your Warrior Boots and Be Your Authentic Self (with Emily Cummins)
- 58: Replacing Perfectionism and “Not Good Enough” with Self Love (with Emma Bell)
- 111: Growing Into Your Authentic Self (with Mutale Bingley)
Learn More About the Vibrant Happy Women Club:
Learn more at vibranthappywomenclub.com
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
Apple Podcasts · Android · Overcast · Castbox · Radio Public
How to Leave a Review:
Give us a Rating & Review · How to Leave a Review
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.