Have you ever felt like you’re no longer participating in life? No longer spending time with friends? No longer working on goals? Unmotivated? Unhappy? Maria Paz was in that place, which she described as a dark, gloomy pit of unhappiness. In this episode Maria shares the mindset tools she used to bring more light into her life so she could leave depression behind.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- Why you must put yourself first in order to have a thriving family.
- How to switch your thoughts from negative to positive.
- Why showing up authentically in the world – with your own beliefs and values rather than somebody else’s – will make you and everyone around you happier.
- How focusing on the Wheel of Happiness can add massive amounts of light and positivity to our lives.
- And much more!
Nuggets of Wisdom from Maria:
“‘Your mind is your instrument. Learn to be its master, not its slave.' I started practicing mindfulness, which I learned from you, Jen. Thank you very much! I had to catch my mind whenever it was thinking negatively or whenever it was trying to put me down. When my thoughts were, ‘Oh, it’s a horrible day! Oh, I’m feeling horrible today!' Just trying to catch those negative thoughts and letting them go and getting rid of them, replacing them with positive thoughts. Every day could be a great day for me. Life is not perfect and things happen, but I think when we control our mind and out thoughts, it helps us to move forward and not stay stuck on whatever we are going through.”
“You need to focus on the light and when you do that, everything will be better. Just having this Wheel of Happiness helps me get to where I needed to be. The last one on the wheel is body. That is where I am right now. I am at a point where I need to take care of my body. I need to watch what I eat. I need to look at the food that I eat. I need to exercise and I need to make sure that I sleep. People see the change in me. I am really happy with where I am at now.”
“I like working with people. Helping people gives me a lot of personal satisfaction. I try to have my children do volunteer work. I wish that we could do it more often. People think volunteering is about helping other people, but in reality, you are helping yourself. You’re getting that satisfaction of being able to help people.”
What does it mean to be a Vibrant Happy Woman?
“Truly coming out and showing myself to the world who I am. I’m a very loving and nurturing person and not hiding that aspect of me because people think I’m too nice, but just embracing who I am. I’m not hiding my emotions; this is who I am and that helps me. I am not hiding my emotions. This is who I am.”
A Challenge from Maria:
“Practice mindfulness and truly catch those bad thoughts and replace them with good thoughts.”
Get 10% off your order at Peacock Alley by going to peacockalley.com/happywomen and entering code ‘HAPPYWOMEN’ at checkout.
This episode is brought to you by RXBars – Get 25% off your first order from RXBar by going to RXBAR.com/happywomen and entering coupon code ‘HAPPYWOMEN’ at checkout.
Links From This Episode:
- Join the Vibrant Happy Women Club today!
- Follow Jen Riday on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Have questions you'd like Jen to answer on the show? Email her at email@example.com
- How to Leave a Review
- Get 25% off your first order at RXBar by going to RXBAR.com/happywomen and entering coupon code ‘HAPPYWOMEN’ at checkout.
- Get 10% off your order at Peacock Alley by going to peacockalley.com/happywomen and entering code ‘HAPPYWOMEN’ at checkout.
How to Leave a Review:
Click here to watch a quick video to learn how to leave a review.
How to Subscribe to Vibrant Happy Women:
If you’d like to make a comment or leave feedback about the podcast, leave us a phone message at 1-608-352-6586 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org