Your marriage is affected by so many things, including how you were raised and how well your emotional needs were met by your parents, how your parents interacted in their own marriage, your feelings of confidence and self worth, the resentments you carry, and much, much more. In this fantastic interview guest Carolina Castaños shares how we can identify the past hurts and negative patterns that hold us back and begin to heal our hearts and move on with our lives in a more emotionally healthy way.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- Why recognizing you’re not responsible for your partner’s happiness and growth is critical for a healthy relationship
- The most common conflict pattern in most marriages and how to change the pattern to something healthier
- How past hurts and childhood attachment patterns significantly affect your marriage and what to do about it
- How to shift away from neediness by healing your own heart
- And much, much more.
Nuggets of Wisdom from Carolina:
“Be kind to yourself. Learn to take care of myself.”
“In the context of a community, you connect with others who are going through what you are going through. I am there, part of that community, holding you. One of the things that hurts the most, the most devastating thing for humans, is loneliness, reaching that point where we feel we are so alone. One of the key aspects of moving on is that, ‘You are not alone!' You don’t have to go through it alone. There are others who are struggling like you are and you can connect with them.”
“LEARN. HEAL. GROW.”
What does it mean to be a Vibrant Happy Woman?
“Connection with myself AND giving that connection to others. For me, that makes me happy! Giving that, reaching out my hand, to anyone who crosses my road. Feeling it and BEING it for others.”
A Challenge from Carolina:
“Be kind with yourself. Be kind with ALL feelings. Take a little time to be on your own and allow yourself to feel whatever you’re feeling in a kind way.”
Links From This Episode:
- Moving On Help
- Follow Jen Riday on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Carolina on Facebook
- Follow Carolina on Twitter
- Subscribe Carolina on YouTube
- Mindsight by Daniel J. Siegel M.D.
- Have questions you'd like Jen to answer on the show? Email her at email@example.com
- How to Leave a Review
How to Leave a Review:
Click here to watch a quick video to learn how to leave a review.
How to Subscribe to Vibrant Happy Women:
If you’d like to make a comment or leave feedback about the podcast, leave us a phone message at 1-608-352-6586 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org