148: Nurturing Curiosity (with Sara Bates)
About This Episode:
Perfectionism and the “shoulds” can really cramp our happiness because they prevent us from doing things simply for the sake of enjoyment. In this episode guest Sara Bates shares how she’s learned to approach life from an energy of curiosity and freedom instead.
What You'll Learn:
After listening you'll know:
- How to let go of the “shoulds” and perfectionism and instead approach life from a place of non-judgmental curiosity (without an agenda or need for validation)
- To do what you love without judgment.
- Why you must ignore the “inner voice of the oppressor”
- The magic of starting your morning routine at night
- And much more
Links From This Episode:
- Vibrant Happy Women Club
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
- Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Google Earth
- National Novel Writing Month
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Andy Weir (author of Artemis, The Martian and more…)
- Melissa Joulwan's mayo recipe
- Love Warrior: A Memoir by Glennon Doyle
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Good Life Project podcast
- Curiosity and the Passion Fallacy (YouTube) by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Skinnytaste's Loaded Baked Muffins
- Andy Weir TEDx talk
- Sara on Instagram
- Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Ready Player One (edited)
- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- KitchenAid immersion blender
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle
- Get a free audiobook with a 30-day trial membership with Audible by going to audible.com/happywomen or texting ‘HAPPYWOMEN' to 500-500.
- 16: Choose the Bigger Life with Gretchen Rubin
- 48: Reawakening Sex and Intimacy Through Self-Care, Trust and Listening with Kimberly Johnson
- 36: You Are Already Loved: Claiming Your Seat at the Table with Andrea Wenburg
- 28: Comparison is the Thief to Joy with Melissa Joulwan
Join the Vibrant Happy Women Club:
Learn more at vibranthappywomenclub.com
Get a free audio book with a 30-day trial membership with Audible by going to audible.com/happywomen or texting ‘HAPPYWOMEN' to 500-500.
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
Apple Podcasts · Android · Overcast · Castbox · Radio Public
How to Leave a Review:
Give us a Rating & Review · How to Leave a Review
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.