Happy Bit: A Few of My Favorite Things
A listener recently asked, “Jen, what is your favorite quote, piece of advice, book, healthy meal and kitchen gadget? Also, I would love to know the standout personal development books you've read.” I answer each of these questions in this Happy Bit.
My Favorite Things:
Quote: “And those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” – Nietzsche
Advice: “Do what makes you happy.” – Heathcliffe Riday
Healthy Meal: Chicken breast or thigh fried in coconut oil with a dash of salt, then removing the chicken from the pan and lightly sauteeing a big handful of spinach in the same pan, along with a side of sweet potato.
20 Favorite Personal Development Books (in no particular order)
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna
- True Purpose by Tim Kelley
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Pulling Your Own Strings by Wayne Dyer
- Freedom Seeker by Beth Kempton
- The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist & Jack Canfield
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
- 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Wayne Dyer
Want to work on your personal development in a group of like-minded, amazing women? Ready to live your purpose and to spend more time living in alignment with your higher self – your BEST self? The Vibrant Happy Women Academy will help you make that journey with ease (and with some great friends along the way). Join us: www.vibranthappywomenacademy.com
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.