Do you find your mood and energy going downhill in the winter? Do you struggle to paste a smile on your face, when all you'd really like to do is stay in bed all day? In this episode, I share my personal formula for coping with depression, along with tons of PRACTICAL mood-boosting tools that really WORK for me and many other women.
As Jill Payne mentioned in her Vibrant Happy Women interview, it's critical that we manage our energy by focusing on body, focus, and dialogue.
Body: After focusing on getting enough sleep and eating right, I've found the following to be SUPER effective at boosting my mood when life is hard or when the sun isn't shining (Note: I am not a medical doctor and my suggestions should not replace advice from your physician): From left to right, a mood light, which I sit in front of daily in the winter for 20-45 minutes; my Jumpsport rebounder, which I jump on every morning anywhere from 5-15 minutes, and Vitamin D-3 (I take 1 daily and regularly get my Vitamin D levels measured so I stay within the recommended range).
Focus: Start the day with 3 gratitudes and meditation. Spend more time doing what you love and building healthy boundaries to protect you from what drains you.
Dialogue: Watch your inner self-talk! Celebrate your successes and keep a running commentary of how awesome you are!
Links From This Episode:
- Podcast interview Jill Payne.
- Jumpsport rebounder
- mood light
- Vitamin D-3
- Vibrant Happy Women Academy (where you can find Jill Payne's workshop on “Manifesting Your Goals in 2018,” exclusive for VHW Academy members only).
- Vibrant Happy Business Builder (The Easy A-Z System to Confidently Create a Heart-Centered, Profitable Online Business You Love in Only 12 Weeks)
- Vibrant Happy 5 (get five self-love tips every Thursday!)
- Have questions you'd like Jen to answer on the show? Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Jen Riday on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- How to Leave a Review
- New Workshop! “Heal Your Heart in 2018: A Journey of Self Love“
…and never miss an episode again by signing up for the Vibrant Happy 5 (includes free guided meditation from Jen), which is a weekly digest of quick n' easy bullet points listing everything Jen created the previous week (including Vibrant Happy Women episodes and Happy Bits), plus other self-love-related goodies you'd enjoy. Make your inbox more positive and inspiring by signing up here.
How to Leave a Review:
Every review helps us reach more women! Click here to watch a quick video to learn how to leave a review.
How to Subscribe to Vibrant Happy Women:
If you’d like to make a comment or leave feedback about the podcast, leave us a phone message at 1-608-352-6586 or email us at email@example.com