135: Celebrating Your Child’s Neurodiversity (with Debbie Reber)
About This Episode:
Many parents try so hard to get their children to behave and to fit in, but often this misguided attempted at “good parenting” leads to stress for both the parent and child. Everyone child is wired differently and isn't it about time that we stopped trying to fit square pegs into round holes? Listen to this interview to learn how to support and celebrate your child's uniqueness and neurodiversity.
What You'll Learn:
- Why it's critical that you stop trying to fix your child and instead be curious about who they really are and how they want to show up in the world.
- What it means to be neurodiverse and twice exceptional.
- Why you should celebrate your children’s non-conformity and non-compliance.
- How to let your child be a mover and a shaker.
- And much more…
Links From This Episode:
- Vibrant Happy Women Club
- Differently Wired by Debbie Reber
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn
- The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Yoga with Adrienne
- Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
- The Bachelor (American television series on ABC)
- Follow Debbie on Twitter
- Follow Tilt Parenting on Twitter
- Follow Debbie on Facebook
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Go to jjvirgin.com/happy to join me for the free 7-day Stop, Drop and Swap Challenge.
- Get 10% off How to Stop Yelling by going to authenticparenting.com/course entering code ‘HAPPYWOMEN' at checkout.
Join the Vibrant Happy Women Club:
Learn more at vibranthappywomenclub.com
How to Stop Yelling:
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
How to Leave a Review:
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.