170: Mental Illness and Parenting (with Ally Golden)
About This Episode:
Dealing with mental illness is challenging in any relationship and especially with the loved ones inside your home. How do you help? How do you cope and take care of yourself at the same time? Listen to this open and honest interview with Ally Golden who offers some insight to this sensitive subject.
What You'll Learn:
After listening you'll know:
- How parental mental illness relates to emotional development in children
- How not to repeat your parents’ mistakes with your own children
- How mental illnesses can be passed down through generations through cycles of parenting and trauma
- How to take care of your own well-being while helping others cope with mental illness
- And much more
Links From This Episode:
- Vibrant Happy Women Club
- A Good Soldier by Ally Golden
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
- Stop Walking on Egg Shells
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Follow Ally on Twitter
- Follow Ally on Facebook
- Ana Luisa
- 3: The 7 Essential Steps To True Self Care (with Lisa Byrne)
- 45: “I Can Choose To Be Happy” (with Ruth Soukup)
- 53: How Self Care Helped Me Face My Struggles With Strength (with Jen Riday, Part 1)
- 125: How Past Hurts Can Affect Your Marriage (with Carolina Castaños)
Join the Vibrant Happy Women Club:
Learn more at vibranthappywomenclub.com
Visit Ana Luisa and use promo code HappyWomen10 for $10 off you purchase!
Start listening with a 30-day Audible trial and your first audiobook plus two Audible Originals are free! Visit audible.com/happywomen or text HAPPYWOMEN to 500-500
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
How to Leave a Review:
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.