182: Stillness, Meditation and the Brain (with Ariel Garten)
About This Episode:
The world today can be incredibly overstimulating — there is SO much to see, to experience, and to process. Just like your tired body after a busy day, your brain needs to rest and reset, too. Research shows that meditation can help your brain by teaching you how to connect the relationship of the thoughts in your mind to the feelings in your body. And that connection results in abundant benefits. Listen to this fascinating interview to find out how meditation can help YOU.
What You'll Learn:
After listening you'll know:
- How to start meditation if you’re a beginner
- What the many tangible benefits of mediation are
- What the “attentional loop” is and why it’s the core of meditative practice
- How meditation can help improve focus and attention (in kids, too!)
- How meditation can assist in breaking certain habits and cycles
- What it means to sit with discomfort and why that’s good for you
- About the Muse headband and how to use it to improve your mediation
- What the “Cold Shower Challenge” is and how empowers you to handle emotions and feelings
- And much more!
Links From This Episode:
- Vibrant Happy Women Club
- The Finders’ Course by Jeffery A Martin
- Jen on Instagram
- Jen on Facebook
- Follow Ariel on Facebook
- Follow Ariel on Twitter
- Follow Ariel on Instagram
- Subscribe Ariel on Youtube
- 24: Changing What’s Inside (with Madhu Bazaz Wangu)
- 35: Finding Your Path Of Healing And Transformation (with Judy Tsuei)
- 60: How To Improve Sleep, Reduce Stress And Transform Your Health Through Ayurveda (with Ananta Ripa Ajmera)
- 120: Boost Your Zen, Nourish Your Soul (with Grace Estripeaut)
- 142: Healing Your Heart Through Mindfulness And Meditation (with Danielle Mendoza)
Join the Vibrant Happy Women Club:
Learn more at vibranthappywomenclub.com
Subscribe to the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast:
How to Leave a Review:
Ask Jen a Question:
Have a comment or question for me? Email me at email@example.com. I'd love to hear from you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.