343: Raising Emotionally Intelligent Kids
Ever felt like your kids are always out of sorts, having a meltdown, or just not listening?
This week we're talking about how to raise emotionally intelligent children, and especially how to teach them about nervous system regulation. My guest, Alyssa Blask Campbell, shares why it's essential that we as parents become aware of how our nervous systems work so we can help our kids manage stress and anxiety, depression and low energy, and everything in between.
This skill set has a powerful impact on how the energy in our homes feels, how kids handle stressors at school or in social situations, and how kids will likely perform as adults. Learn how to improve your emotional intelligence so you're better equipped to help your kids do the same so you can experience greater connection and peace in your relationships with your kids.
If you're ready to slow down, find balance, and love more, join me in the Vibrant Happy Women Club. It’s only $47 per month and if you purchase the annual membership you get two months free!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we can't teach social skills without understanding emotional safety.
- The biggest gaps parents have in trying to raise well-adjusted kids.
- The definition of nervous system regulation and why it's an essential skill set for parents.
- How avoiding overwhelm, exhaustion, burnout, and meltdowns as parents pay huge dividends in the parent-child relationship.
- The various buckets every child (and adult) needs to fill to keep our nervous systems in emotional safety.
- How parents can balance their need for downtime (or stimulation) with their kids' needs for stimulation (or downtime).
- Why parents would benefit from carpooling.
- How hormones and neurotransmitters are involved in nervous system regulation and dysregulation.
- The difference between dopamine, oxytocin, and serotonin activities.
- And much more!
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don't miss an episode! Follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Amazon Music
- Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or Amazon Music.
- Ask Jen a question or leave a comment at firstname.lastname@example.org!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
Jen Riday is a mom of 6 and life coach who loves to help women experience massive happiness as they let go of stress, sadness or other chronic emotions of negativity.
Lost track of what makes you happy? This free video training will teach you how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.
Lost track of what makes you happy?
Learn how to implement the boundaries you need so you can feel happier.