Our children are experiencing stress from many different triggers these days. They aren’t seeing their friends, their routines are different, and they see us responding to the pandemic's uncertainty. The way we respond to stress informs our children’s stress energy.
Emotions are contagious and you can feel them in different parts of the body. Helping our children talk about these sensations can lead to better stress coping skills and eventual self-regulation. But ultimately, our children’s well-being depends on our well-being.
In today’s show, I’m chatting with a previous guest and host of the Authentic Parenting podcast, Anna Seewald. Anna has dedicated her career to helping children by helping their parents. Stress affects each child differently and can result in misbehavior. Anna is sharing how to guide your children through feelings of stress and anxiety so they can feel safer, in control, and regulated.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How our emotions and stress responses affect our children.
- How our childhood traumas can affect us during the pandemic.
- The different ways children display anxiety and stress energy.
- That a child’s misbehaviors are actually signs of their emotional dysregulation.
- How to guide your child from the red zone to the green zone.
- Why your own regulation is the number one priority.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Anna Seewald Website | Authentic Parenting Podcast
- Ep #47: How to Slow Down and Take Care of Yourself So You Can Be a Happier Mom with Anna Seewald
- Ep #222: Having Adventures as a Family with Greta Eskridge
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!