Summer vacation is fast approaching which means, for most families with kids, life gets busier. How can you ensure your connection with your children stays strong despite all the busyness? How can you take your current connection to a deeper level?
My guest today shows how spending 5-minute chunks of dedicated, focused time with your child can make a world of difference to them and to you. We all feel disengaged from time to time, and our kids can feel it too. If we want to know our children on a more intimate level, consistent and concentrated doses of attention are the first step.
In today’s episode, I’m joined by author, freelance writer, and mom of 5, Brittney Smart. Brittney’s book, The Five-Minute Time In: Effectively Re-Engaging With Your Child(ren) in Just Five Minutes a Day, was born out of her own journey to connect deeper with her children. After a period of feeling disengaged and in apathetic autopilot, she discovered a habit that would make her children feel seen, heard, understood, liked, and loved.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How our disengagement from our children affects them.
- The goal Brittney set for herself to get to know her children better.
- Why your ability to be present affects your child’s trust in you.
- How the 5-Minute Time In works with teenagers.
- How to maintain deep connections with your kids after the 5-Minute goal.
- The immense power and scientific benefits of making eye contact.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Brittney Smart Website | Facebook
- The Five-Minute Time In by Brittney Smart
- Ep #223: Helping Our Children Manage Their Stress with Anna Seewald
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!