Like adults, kids and teenagers have different coping strategies for their emotions. They might throw a tantrum, slam doors, overeat, or lock themselves in their rooms. How do you react when you see these behaviors? Do you try to correct or change it?
If your child is irritated or experiencing another negative emotion, this could be an opportunity to boost their emotional intelligence and yours. As parents, we have the ability to build influence, coach, and hold space for our kids’ emotions.
In today’s episode, I’m diving into how we can help our kids learn to manage their emotions with awareness, validation, and healing by modeling emotional intelligence. You have to feel it to heal it, right? I’m sharing some ways you can express your unconditional love for your children by teaching them how to feel their feelings. When we ditch the “shoulds” and tap into emotional intelligence, the world and our families become so much more beautiful.
And remember, when we know better, we do better.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How we can teach our children to label their negative emotions.
- What happens when you give an emotion your full attention.
- What shame is and how to move out of it.
- How to stop “shoulding” on your kids.
- What it means to hold space for your child’s emotions.
- How to step out of resentment and back into unconditional love.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #220: Conscious Parenting with Katherine Winter-Sellery
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!