Does your home feel like a pressure cooker these days? You might be noticing more door-slamming, resistance, and general grumpiness coming from your kids. Many of us thought this increase in time together would lead to more connection, but it hasn’t.
We all have needs and emotions. The difference with children is that they don’t have the vocabulary to express their needs or emotions. And the way you express and talk about these things affects their expression and their behavior.
In today’s episode, I’m joined by the CEO of Conscious Parenting Revolution, Katherine Winter-Sellery. Katherine has spent years educating parents on collaborating and consciously connecting with their children. She shares why so many families are struggling with being cooped up, our children’s need for self-direction, and what we can do to balance our children’s emotional needs.
Put away the “Mommy needs wine” mantra and remember everybody's doing the best they can.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to let go of your need for control and ensure everyone’s needs are met.
- How to facilitate a family reboot.
- That we all have needs, but not the vocabulary to talk about them.
- How unmet needs translate into resistance, grumpiness, and bad behaviors.
- How to help your kids stay connected to their inner voice.
- The importance of teaching your kids to observe and name their emotions.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Katherine Winter-Sellery Website | Webinar | TED Talks
- The Drama of the Gifted Child by Alice Miller
- The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
- Brené Brown’s List of Emotions
- Ep #219: Choosing Your Beliefs
- Sign up for my 30-Day Helping Kids Handle Emotions Challenge in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!