How do you feel about having sex with your spouse? If you’re like most women, you don’t want sex until it starts happening. And even then, many of you still don’t enjoy it. My guest today believes it’s because two things are missing from the experience: safety and empowerment.
Boundaries are super important in your sex life, even after you’re married. After all, consent doesn’t end with “I do.” Unfortunately, society and media tell us that our job is to pleasure our spouses and check all the boxes even when we don’t want to. That doesn’t sound very pleasurable, does it?
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Sex Coach, Janna Denton-Howes, on how women can enjoy sex more with their spouses. Janna is amazing. She's an open-book with zero shame when it comes to the topic of sex (this episode might not be suitable for little ears in the room) and is passionate about helping women set their own boundaries in the bedroom. She helps women trust their intuition more, prioritize their pleasure, connect with their bodies, and set boundaries that empower them in the bedroom.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- Janna’s experience of not enjoying sex in her marriage and her journey to changing that.
- Why most women aren’t taught that sex should be enjoyable for them.
- How Janna talks to her daughters about sex.
- Janna’s 4 Desire Fixes to help you enjoy sex more.
- Why consent doesn’t end with “I do.”
- The power of looking at your own vulva with curiosity.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Janna Denton-Howes Website | Quiz | The Wanting It More Program | Facebook
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski Ph.D.
- Ep #229: How to Raise Your Vibration
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!