When was the last time you stopped to think about how you were feeling? Given the present climate, it’s normal to feel a range of emotions. And, it’s normal to want to avoid them.
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with a returning guest and dear friend, Gina Brodtmann. Like me, Gina has teenagers who have been resistant to the social distancing practice. Also like me, Gina has been working through her emotions during this pandemic.
It’s normal to feel sad, angry, anxious, and hundreds of other emotions, especially in the current situation. Instead of avoiding them or trying to numb them, embrace them. When you allow the emotion to happen and you choose to work through it, you’re met with a huge relief on the other side. But, for most of us, we don’t want to take the time to be with those emotions.
This episode is all about learning tools to accept, embrace, and manage your emotions. Whether that be through venting to your friends or decluttering your house, focusing on what you can control makes the uncertainty easier to cope with. I hope this discussion leaves you feeling comforted, understood, and like you’re ready to face your feelings.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why it’s important to accept the uncertainty and let yourself feel.
- Tools for sharing big emotions.
- How to manage your home environment and create certainty.
- That every emotion is allowed and shouldn’t be numbed out.
- How to take the time to be with your feelings and work through them.
- Lessons on being present that we can learn from this pandemic.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- 211: Sex, Shame, and Vulnerability (with Isiah McKimmie)
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!