In the last few weeks, parents have been involuntarily transformed into their children’s teachers. The kitchen table has become the classroom and gym class is in the backyard. Many of us are managing our own work as well as our kids' learning.
Today, I’m joined by spiritual coach and homeschool mom, Danielle Mendoza, to help you let go. Forget what you “should” be doing. For many parents, the pressure of supporting their kids’ education only adds to the stress caused by this pandemic.
The truth is, what you’re providing your kids with right now is invaluable. No, it’s not going to be anything like their school routine. And that’s okay. This is an opportunity to encourage curiosity, hobbies, and student-led learning.
This episode is all about giving you and other parents the permission to let this time be what it is. Not perfect, but still enriching, engaging, and fun. Danielle is a homeschool mom herself and is sharing all her amazing tips and guidance for other parents during this time. You’ll learn how to support your kids' education (of all kinds) without getting stressed out.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to stop comparing your teaching to school and traditional homeschooling.
- All the different programs that make homeschooling fun and easy.
- How to have grace during this time and let go of what you “should” be doing.
- The value of screen time, screen-free time, and student-led learning.
- The unexpected benefits of homeschooling for our kids’ mental health.
- How to become the tribe leader of your family (by taking baby steps).
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Danielle Mendoza Website | Facebook | Instagram
- 212: Feeling Your Emotions (with Gina Brodtmann)
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
- Discovery K-12 Online Curriculum Structure
- Outschool Online Classes
- Moby Max Online Academic Catch-up Program
- Adventure Academy Online & App-based Academics Platform
- Prodigy Online & App-Based Math Gaming Platform
- Beast Academy Online Math Learning
- Bits Box Coding Subscription Box
- Rosetta Stone Online or CD-ROM Language Learning
- Tynker Online Coding Education
- Mango Languages Online and App-based Language Learning
- Kiwi Crate/Doodle Crate STEM Subscription Box
- Little Passports Social Studies/Geography Subscription Box
- Raddish Kids Cooking and Kitchen Safety Subscription Box
- Minecraft Online Gaming and Coding Classes
- Yousician App for Music Learning
- YouTube | Physics Girl | Veritasium | Smarter Everyday | It’s OK to be Smart | BrainCraft
- Podcasts | Brains On! | Pants on Fire | Forever Ago | But Why
- TV Shows | The Who Was Show | Brainchild | The InBESTigators | Annedroids | Odd Squad | Word Girl
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!