What’s the one thing we all think about, but rarely discuss? You guessed it- sex! You may want to plug in the headphones or make sure small ears are out of range for this one.
In today’s episode, we’re (tastefully) discussing sex, intimacy, vulnerability, and love with sexologist, sex therapist, and couple’s therapist, Isiah McKimmie. Isiah loves helping women and couples break through their walls of shame and guilt to discover and share their vulnerable sides. Because without vulnerability, there is no intimacy.
Unfortunately, it's normal for women to feel ashamed or uncomfortable talking about sex. For many of us, we've grown up thinking it was culturally wrong or sinful. The truth is that sex is a beautiful, natural gift that we can give and receive. For many women, learning to put others' needs on the back burner so we can receive pleasure is a challenge.
We discuss sex and intimacy from all different angles in this episode. From the root of shame to the minimum amount of time needed for foreplay, we talk about it all. This discussion will leave you feeling empowered to talk more openly about intimacy with your partner and more confident in your own skin. Buckle up and crack a window- you don’t want to miss this one.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- How normal it is to feel shame around sex (and how to change that).
- Why sex is a tool to feel more connected in relationships.
- How to stop taking care of everyone else and learn to receive pleasure.
- The minimum amount of time required for effective foreplay.
- The best all-natural lubricant (you can find it at the grocery store!).
- Why good sex starts with learning how to de-stress and ground your body.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Isiah McKimmie | Instagram | Facebook
- 210: Conscious, Connected, Respectful Parenting (with Laura Froyen)
- Brené Brown
- Wabi Sabi: The Art of Japanese Impermanence by Andrew Juniper
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!