Women face a lot of financial challenges that men do not. On average, we tend to earn less, work fewer years, stay at jobs for short periods of time, work part-time more often, and pause our careers to raise children. As women, we are less likely to qualify for company-sponsored retirement plans, yet we’re expected to live 4 years longer than men.
I know many of us have spouses with good retirement plans, but that’s not enough. I used to be someone who relied on my husband’s retirement savings for us both until I realized how much financial trouble I could be in if something like divorce, death, or disability happened. I decided to take ownership of my finances and take ownership of my life.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing the 10 steps of financial planning that I followed and recommend you follow as well. We’re covering everything from budgeting to debt repayment to insurance and charity. I'm also giving you a new mantra to practice: “I take ownership of my life and finances.” If we want to be the strong, vibrant happen women we claim to be, it’s time to take our financial planning into our own hands with these 10 steps.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why you can’t rely on your spouse’s finances for your retirement.
- The 10 financial planning steps I recommend women follow.
- The different types of insurance you need to consider.
- How much to save for your emergency fund.
- How to find out how much you need to retire comfortably.
- My bonus tips for taking ownership of your finances.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- You Need a Budget App
- Suze Orman
- Bankrate Retirement Calculator
- Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins
- Ep #227: Money Mindset with Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!