How often do you hold space for yourself? As moms, many of us are so busy creating the “perfect life,” handling all the things, cleaning up, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, running, going. We’re not only not holding space for our family because our attention is on our jobs and calendars, but we’re certainly not holding space for ourselves.
Holding space is a sacred skill. It works in relationships, friendships, and especially with our children. What if we could engage in a conscious style of parenting where we hold space to let our kids feel their feelings? How would that impact their emotional intelligence and resilience?
In today’s episode, I’m sharing what it means to hold space, not just for your children, spouse, and friends, but for yourself. If we want to be able to teach our kids to know what they're thinking and feeling and gain that deep resilience, we need to give ourselves this gift first. If you’re ready to start holding space for yourself and become a master at understanding your thoughts, this episode’s for you.
You can find my 4-part video series on how to hold space and more here. And if you want to take your thought work skills all the way to the mastery level, the Vibrant Happy Women Coach Certification’s fall session begins on September 14th. We have a few places left for new coach enrollees. You’ll learn how to hold space, the Feel it to Heal it Method, how to lead your children to emotional resiliency, and so much more. I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn:
- What it means to hold space for others.
- How you can hold sacred space for yourself.
- What happens when we hold space for our children.
- What my Feel it to Heal It method is all about.
- Some of the different ways us moms can hold space for ourselves.
- How to become a master at understanding your thoughts and holding space.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my 4-part video series on holding space and more and join my fall coaching cohort over at jenriday.com/coaching!
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!