Boundary setting is a topic we discuss a lot in the Vibrant Happy Women Club, and these ladies have gotten really good at setting healthy boundaries that don’t infringe on others. So today, I want to let you all in on this conversation and one of the things we work on in the Club.
Most people think that boundaries are about protecting and preserving our precious time, energy, and resources so that we can feel comfortable. There’s an idea that the rest of the world, our spouses, in-laws, and neighbors, should all bend to our boundaries. But this is false.
Today’s podcast is coming just in time for the holiday season when people often struggle with setting and respecting boundaries. We’re going to discuss what a healthy boundary actually is, some signs that you need to set healthier ones, and the impact on our families when boundaries are set and respected. I hope this episode helps you to have happier, more vibrant holidays with your loved ones.
I have a request for a birthday present and Christmas present all wrapped in one from you. I would love if you could leave a review of the podcast on iTunes. Your feedback helps me plan and deliver awesome episodes in 2021. Go to jenriday.com/itunes to leave yours!
If you want to practice the art of boundary setting, come join us in The Vibrant Happy Women Club. Doors are closed for 2020, but you can sign up here to get on the waitlist for when we re-open in 2021! You don't want to miss all the new and exciting features we have planned. See you there!
What You’ll Learn:
- What most people falsely believe boundaries are.
- How demanding to be heard can be an infringement on other’s boundaries.
- What it means to set a healthy boundary.
- Signs that you need to set healthier boundaries.
- How to encourage your kids to have autonomy over their lives.
- What actually makes us angry and resentful (it’s not our spouses or in-laws).
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
- Ep #244: Unconditional Love During the Election
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!