What does self-love look like for you? I find so many women have a really hard time answering this question. We spend so much time worrying about and taking care of everyone else that we end up at the bottom of our own to-do list. But that means a lot of the time, we're giving from a cup that's empty. We haven't taken the time to fill our own cup back up.
I've been in that place before, and it took a series of really painful experiences to wake me up. I decided that I was going to be happy. And I started paying attention to the things and experiences that made me feel that way. That was what self-love looked like for me.
Today I want to dive into self-love and talk about why it's so important. I'll tell you a bit more about how I learned this, how I make sure my own cup is filled up, and why we have to take care of ourselves if we want to serve at our highest level. So many women falsely believe that they have to sacrifice themselves for others – and I hope you learn today that you can love others more deeply when you love yourself first.
I promised you that if we get to 1,000 reviews in Apple Podcasts, the show will be ad-free. Let's make it happen – head over to jenriday.com/itunes to leave a review and help us get to 1,000!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we need self-love.
- When I finally made the decision to stop being miserable and chose to be happy.
- What to ask yourself to figure out if you're struggling with self-love and giving from an empty cup.
- Why I had to stop worrying about what other people thought.
- How to learn which self-love and self-care activities fill you up the most.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!