We're staying focused on the topic of priorities today and what matters most to you. We're building on last week's chat about how to make sure you get your most important things on the schedule every day. In this episode, we're talking about how to discover what your priorities are and why we need to get really clear on what we're saying yes to – not just good at saying no.
Tonya Dalton is a productivity expert, founder of inkWELL Press, and the author of The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less. She's here today to chat with us about finding your personal north star and how to decide between options that are good, better, and best.
Tonya and I kick things off talking about what she means by the “joy of missing out.” We discuss why productivity is really about prioritization and how to uncover all the happiness in our days that is already waiting for us. Tonya also shares some practical tips for setting priorities, making your ideal day an achievable one, and her own morning routine.
I'm running a class this week all about how to plan my time, manage my business and family, and stay relatively healthy and happy. It's happening in the Vibrant Happy Women Club – join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we should focus more on the joy of missing out.
- That productivity is about prioritizing life's most important things, not getting as much done as possible.
- How to build up the courage to say no to things that aren't a priority.
- How Tonya used her “good, better, best” process to make time for herself and change her health.
- Why her morning routine is essential for setting up a great day.
- Why Tonya loves habit-tracking and her challenge for you today.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Tonya Dalton | inkWELL Press | The Joy of Missing Out | Productivity Paradox Podcast
- The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less by Tonya Dalton
- 201: Setting & Scheduling Your Priorities (with Ceri Payne)
- 92: Teaching Your Kids How to Set Goals and Be Productive (with Tonya Dalton)
- The Vibrant Happy Women Retreat
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!