If you’re sharing your space with children and teenagers right now, you’re probably dealing with the fallout of everything they’ve lost. Like you, they’re experiencing a whole range of emotions. And, like you, they may be struggling to acknowledge their feelings and work through them.
Today, I’m joined by NY Times Bestselling author Rachel Macy Stafford. Rachel knows a lot about emotional resiliency and children. Through her books, she shares how we can become more emotionally resilient so that we can properly hold space for our children’s emotions.
It all starts with taking care of your own emotions first. Is your emotional garden lush, vibrant, and a place your kids would feel comfortable in? Or, is it dehydrated and rotting? When we take care of our own garden, we can then provide a safe space for our child to work through their feelings.
Rachel and I are talking all about nurturing your emotional garden so you can model to your children how to clean up theirs. Emotional resiliency is one of the greatest skills you can teach your kids and today you'll learn how.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 5 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity, and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- That your teenager’s moods are actually disguising fear and anxiety.
- Why your mental health is your number one priority.
- How we show our children how to cope with their emotions.
- How to have hard conversations with your kids (and exactly what to say).
- Why you should reach for your pencil or paintbrush instead of your phone.
- How to create the garden your teenage self would have felt safe in.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- Rachel Macy Stafford Website | Books
- Sign up for the next Vibrant Happy Women Online Retreat on May 16th!
- Ep #217: The Superpower of Awareness with Jaya Rose
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!