How do you show up for your best friend? You probably listen attentively, with empathy and love. You probably comfort them if they need it, rejoice in their good news, and laugh until you can't laugh anymore. Now I want to know: what would it be like if you showed up like this for yourself?
Most of us were raised to love and show compassion for other people. This is a good thing – we need to feel connected to survive and thrive in this world. But a lot of us didn't get taught to show compassion to ourselves, too. So we wind up as adults that need approval, love, and compassion from others because we're not sure how to give it to ourselves first.
In today's episode, I want to talk about the importance of self-compassion. We'll chat about why this is such a gift, how to start practicing self-compassion, and some of the changes you'll see when you start showering yourself with more love. Self-love and self-compassion are your birthright – don't ever forget that.
Show yourself some extra love – sign up for the Vibrant Happy Women Retreat! Spend 4 days with amazing women like you, letting go of stress and finding greater energy, clarity and vision for your life. Join us!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why many of us get stuck waiting for other people to show us compassion and love.
- What self-compassion is and why it's so important to practice.
- How you can start to practice self-compassion.
- Great ways to stay connected and compassionate even when you're exhausted.
- How practicing self-compassion can rewire your brain.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join us in the Vibrant Happy Women Club!
- 204: The Foundation of Love and Self-Care
- 205: Setting Boundaries
- 206: Intuition and Authenticity
- Dr. Kristin Neff
- Louise Hay
- Reserve your spot in the 2021 Vibrant Happy Women Retreat – we would love to have you there!
- Follow Jen on Instagram
- Follow Jen on Facebook
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!